Area Councils for Boys & Girls Clubs in Colorado
Area Councils have been an important and powerful force in the Boys & Girls Club Movement since 1944. Since that time, Area Councils have been organized in every state and, in some states, several Area Councils have been formed. Area Councils provide the chief medium for securing and maintaining the interest and active participation of Board volunteers in national and regional Boys & Girls Club affairs.
The purposes of Area Councils are:
- To periodically bring board members and executive professionals within an area together to exchange information and to discuss plans, programs, trends, common challenges, and best practices.
- To work and plan together for the benefit of local Boys & Girls Clubs, the national Movement, and youth.
- To get acquainted with board volunteers and professional staff from other Boys & Girls Clubs – good fellowship.
- To provide a forum for board member education.
For more information, contact:
- Colorado Area Council Chair, Christopher Byram, email@example.com
- CO/NM National Area Council Committee Member, Kip Koso: firstname.lastname@example.org
- BGCA Director of Organizational Development, Adam Rothberg: arothberg@BGCA.org